NFTY Convention is coming to Chicago in February! We are so excited to be the host region for this incredible event February 17-20th, 2017, and we want as many NFTYites there as possible. It’s a chance to be at a NFTY event with 1,000 other high schoolers from across North America, see huge entertainment we can’t get when it’s just our region, and learn from some of the most brilliant speakers and facilitators out there. Not sure if you want to go? Read about some of the amazing highlights, written by our very own Molly, who is helping to plan Convention.
Here are a few tips and links for raising the money to get yourself there:
- Most importantly, register by Monday, September 26th, so you get the earlybird rate. This saves you $100!
- Register now and only put a $100 deposit down. This saves your space, and you have until January 5th, 2017 to earn the money to pay for the rest.
- Consider staying at home or with a friend from the region. The commuter rate is $200 cheaper than the hotel rate.
- Apply for a scholarship from NFTY Chicago. We have extra scholarship dollars available this year because we are hosting Convention. Fill out our Scholarship Application (priority deadline: November 3rd).
- If you belong to a synagogue, ask your advisor, rabbi, cantor, or educator if there are scholarships or discretionary funds available that you can request or apply for as a leader in the community.
- See if you are eligible to apply for a JSC Scholars merit scholarship. Teens participating in life-changing Jewish experiences are eligible for a $500 merit scholarship toward their program fee.
- Our Treasurer, Spencer, put together a Fundraising Bank where you can find suggestions for ways to raise money, as well as a suggested timeline for fundraising for NFTY Convention.
- Don’t know how to ask your parents about going? Check out these suggestions so you can make it happen!