This year our regional leaders have really stepped up our social justice game. Some of the topics we’ve covered this year include:
- Social Media for Social Change
- Institutionalized Racism in Education
- Community Organizing
- Dakota Access Pipeline/Environmental Justice
- Mental Health
- Racial Injustice
- Finding our Strengths
- The Importance of Interfaith Partnership
- Mass Incarceration
- Economic Justice
How can we continue to take action?
- Call your representatives! Show that you care and say what you care about!
- To participate in interfaith work get involved with Children of Abraham Coalition
- Volunteer for Keshet, an organization dedicated to working with Jewish people with special needs
- Make your life more environmentally friendly through these 50 tips
- Learn what it takes to successfully organize a group of passionate individuals through these tips for community organizing
- Be Vocal about mental health awareness
- Understand your implicit biases to fight racial injustice
- Write and lead a program in the next year about something that matters to you. What keeps you up at night? What change do you want to make in the world? Share it with our NFTY community.
…and so much more! There are so many resources available online to help you stand up for the things you care about! Most importantly… Keep learning about these issues and get to work!