NFTY-CAR in "The Tent"
The Tent is a place of sharing and collaboration, of support and relationship building exclusively for URJ Congregations. This is a great way to share ideas, questions, and thoughts in real-time. The Tent uses Microsoft's Yammer platform which is available from any web browser or using their mobile app, and you can subscribe to receive posts by email.
- Join the conversation with other clergy, professionals and lay leaders from NFTY Chicago area to share articles, videos, links and other resources. Start a conversation and invite feedback and reflections from your colleagues.
- Receive timely NFTY-CAR updates including event information and registration updates, professional development opportunities and resources for your work.
- Find information and resources in the document library including sample programs from events and youth groups, and regional recruitment materials (flyers, logos, social media graphics, etc.).
Professional Development Opportunities
Find It Fast
- Find a URJ Youth camp or program
- Recruitment materials for URJ camps and youth programs
- Information about NFTY, including programs and resources
- Resources for Jewish learning and holidays
- Information about the URJ and programs/services
- Social justice advocacy resources and programs from Religious Action Center
Advisor Registration for Upcoming Events
Any congregation sending 3+ teens to a NFTY Chicago event should also be sending an adult staff member, volunteer, or parent to support your teens attending, for the entire duration of the event. Two people who split the time at the event is also a great option! Please do not ask event RAs/cabin staff to fill this role for you – they need to be available to teens in their cabins in case of emergencies. Have this staff person register as well, and let Senior Regional Director Logan Zinman know if you need help finding someone to chaperone your youth group. There are several great alumni on call that Logan can connect you with.
NFTY Event Staff - RAs
We are always in need of great cabin staff for NFTY events! NFTY Chicago hires RAs who have completed three semesters of college (or are the age equivalent), and we prioritize staff who have overnight camp counselor experience or NFTY Event Staff experience. Every RA will need to pass a background check in order to be hired by NFTY. Please fill out the Resident Advisor Application online if you are interested in joining us for a weekend!