Friday, November 16, 4 pm - Sunday, November 18, 1 pm, 2018
North Shore Congregation Israel, Glencoe, IL
*If not in 9th-12th grade, but interested in Nashir, please contact email@example.com.
- Return home with a skill set that will enable you to take advantage of the songleading opportunities at your Temple, Religious School, Youth Group and in NFTY.
- Learn how to effectively teach a song
- Work collaboratively in a team (songleading team, Religious School staff, NFTY region, etc.)
- Songlead at a Worship Service, Religious School, Youth Group Event
- Teach early childhood music
- Plan for a service, song session, Religious school year music program
- Learn new melodies and be introduced to old favorites
- Share best practices to continue their growth as a songleader after the program concludes
Regular: $175 USD
Register by Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Space Available: $175 USD
Register after Wednesday, October 31, 2018
(must be approved by regional director)
Meals included in the cost of the event.
Registration will be accepted after October 31, 2018 on a space-available basis.
Teens are expected to participate in the entire event. Fees are set at a full package rate and unfortunately we cannot prorate registration.
All fees are in US Dollars
This is a North American NFTY program open to any Jewish high school student.
For more information, visit the NFTY Nashir website.
Those driving should arrive at North Shore Congregation Israel at 4:00 pm on Friday, November 16th in order to practice for the Shabbat Tefillah experience. Please plan to be picked up at North Shore Congregation Israel at 1:00 pm on Sunday, November 18th.
Travel fees to Chicago are not included in the price of the event.
Please be sure to book air travel in and out of O’Hare Airport only, and train or bus travel in and out of Union Train/Bus Station in downtown Chicago. Please make sure your flight, train or bus arrives no later than 1:30 pm on Friday, November 16th and departs no earlier than 4:00 pm on Sunday, November 18th.
Transportation to and from O'Hare Airport and Union Train and Bus Station will be provided for teens who travel within the travel parameters listed above. There is absolutely no transportation or supervision provided from Midway Airport.
Nashir is a home-hosted event. Teens will be staying in the homes of families from North Shore Congregation Israel. The NFTY Chicago Director, Naomi Segal, will arrange housing. At least 3 teens will be in a home together. The host homes are super welcoming and wonderful families!